Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting Minutes
Thursday, September 16th, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
Meeting was held in person in the Media Center with PTO President Jim Housten conducting
- Everyone introduced themselves, 18 members were in attendance
- May meeting minutes were Approved
- Family Fun Night will be an outdoor movie, on October 15th Keralyn Powers and Rachel Sorensen will be leads for this event
- Parent Breakfast Social Recap – Thank you Liz for leading this event. Coffee and Donuts were donated by Dunn Bros and Donut Starr. 30 people were in attendance
- Silent Auction will start on October 15th ,we will use PTO website to host virtual auction
- Teacher Communication/Welcome Back Recap – teachers were very grateful for welcome back treats and information about grants, reimbursements, and teacher wish list was emailed to staff
- Yearbook Update from Jenn Jech who is Team Lead overall and for the sales side. Nikki is our Creative Lead: They are going to send out the Cover Contest flyer in October and announce the winner in November. We have to submit the final cover to Balfour by Dec 1st
- Jenn is going to send out the yearbook flyers from Balfour in October too so we can start getting sales rolling in
- Restaurant Fundraiser – Theresa is waiting to hear back from Hyvee about a fundraising night (we recently received a letter from them about hosting a Wahlburgers restaurant night (20%). She is looking at dates late Sept/early Oct.
- T-shirt sales: Tie-Dye T-Shirt Tracker (2021-22).
- Tab “PreOrder Sheet 9-1-21” shows those who put their name on the list for shirts – a number of them were because they did not have cash on hand on 9/1/21. So, there are a few we can fulfil (green highlight). We need to figure out a system to communicate with them. Suggestion: Email parents we have t-shirts for, by 9/20. Ask them to send in cash by 9/25 and that we’ll distribute shirts to their student Monday 10/1
- Voted not to order another round of shirts, but instead create individual sales through PTO website
- Parade – freezies are being distributed in classrooms so will have to have at least 1 cooler on top level and 1 on bottom level in central place for volunteers to access to distribute.
- Printing Tracker added in treasurer folder – Linda started this tracker so we can keep better track of prints the PTO makes to simplify payment to school from PTO at the end of the year end: HB PTO Printing Tracker for Treasurer
- Hyvee Reusable Bag Program – HB PTO has been selected for October again. Advertise with flyer in the Oct newsletter and put on FB etc. The program is: As a reminder, for the month of October 2021, Harriet Bishop PTO will receive a $1 donation from each purchase of the $2.50 reusable red “My Heart” Bag at the Hy-Vee store located at Hy-Vee 6150 Egan Drive, Savage MN.
- Voted Carrie Westrum as 2021/2022 PTO Board Treasurer Approved
- Voted to add Carrie Westrum as signatory to PTO bank accounts immediately, keep Linda Smith on accounts, and remove Jim Kennedy from accounts on or by 11/1/2021 Approved
- Grant Request deadline is October 1, Ken and Janet will make a video to send to staff reminding them of details.
- Grant review meeting will be October 12th at 6:15 PM over zoom
- Final vote on grants will be – October PTO meeting – October 14th
- Outdoor Classroom initial planning meeting was held and Ken will be meeting with City of Savage representative Monday, update will be given at October PTO meeting